Digital Services Librarian
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position detailed below:-
Job Summary: Reporting to the College Librarian, the Digital Services Librarian is
responsible for assisting in the coordination and provision of digital library resources including digital content such as ebooks, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, e-music and information databases.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree of Library and Information Science from a recognized institution. Must have at least two years experience in an academic environment.
- Those in possession of first degree with at least 5 years’ experience in an academic library and already practicing ICT in their work can also apply.
- Coordinates access and maintenance of the Library's licensed digital resources, including tasks related to contracts, implementation, staff support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of resources.
- Works cooperatively with librarians and staff to promote the use of digital tools and resources to serve our community.
- Coordinates and maintains content for web and mobile-enabled interactive services that provide a quality user experience.
- Collaborates with the ICT staff to develop information service strategies and initiatives that maintain a high level of patron satisfaction with on-site and digital technology resources.
- Identifies, develops and delivers patron instruction in the use of digital technologies including the development and delivery of library programs.
- Collects, maintains and reports digital resources and services statistical data to Library Administration.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of library information technology, systems, products and delivery technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software systems and tools, social media platforms and web-based communication, information and collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and Library staff.
- Willingness to assist and support
- coworkers, contribute ideas and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing library technology environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, peers and supervisors.
should be sent to:
P.O. Box 280