UNIMA Admissions for the 2012 – 2013 academic year.
2012/2013 ACADEMIC YEAR INTAKE
The University of Malawi invites applications from suitably qualified persons for admission to the following programmes for the 2012 – 2013 academic year.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE – 1st YEAR FULL-TIME INTAKE FOR GOVERNMENT SPONSORED STUDENTS (ONLY APPLICABLE TO CANDIDATES WITH A-LEVELS OR END OF 2ND YEAR BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE RESULTS)
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE – FULL-TIME INTAKE FOR SELF-SPONSORED, MATURE ENTRY AND INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
- OTHER COLLEGES – MATURE AND PARALLEL ENTRY INTAKE FOR SELF SPONSORED STUDENTS
A) General Requirements for Mature and Parallel Entry Students
Applicants for mature entry programmes must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent O-Level qualification with at least 4 credits including ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
- A University of Malawi Diploma or, a relevant Diploma from accredited programmes of the University of Malawi such as those offered at Domasi College of Education, Natural Resources College, Malawi College for Health Sciences, Theological College, St. John of God College or an equivalent Diploma from a recognized University or Institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 2 years post diploma work experience in a field related to the programme applied for.
- Applicants must also meet the specific Faculty and programme requirements outlined below:
B) Specific Entry Requirements for Mature and Parallel Entry Students
Entry Duration Specific entry requirements in addition to a credit pass in MSCE/O-Level English Language and at least 2 years relevant work experience
• Successful government sponsored 1st year candidates for college of medicine programmes shall receive a stipend, based on the prevailing rates in the university, to carter for their accommodation and meals.
• Candidates who were withdrawn from the university of Malawi or any other comparable university on academic grounds and those already registered with the university of Malawi or any comparable university as residential, non-residential or mature students (except those applying for 1st year intake at college of medicine) are not eligible for admission.
6. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Application forms can be obtained on written request or in person from the address given below. Duly completed application forms together with proof of payment of a non-refundable application fee of K3, 000.00 for College of Medicine Government sponsored applicants, K3, 500.00 for all self sponsored applicants and U$300 for international applicants should be sent to the same address and not to any constituent college of the University of Malawi. Applicants should attach a deposit slip as proof of payment of an appropriate application fee.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO DEPOSIT THEIR APPLICATION FEE TO THE FOLLOWING STANDARD BANK ACCOUNT:
UNIMA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION,
ACCOUNT NUMBER 0140061008400,
BRANCH ZOMBA BRANCH,
SWIFT CODE SBICMWMX
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOTE BE PROCESSED.
The address for obtaining and submitting application forms is:
The University Registrar
P.O. Box 278
(Attention: Admissions Office)
Phone: 01 524 060, Fax: 01 524 760
The Application form can also be collected from Kamuzu College of Nursing (Lilongwe campus) and the Polytechnic.
The closing dates for receiving applications are
- Tuesday, 4th September, 2012 for College of Medicine and Kamuzu College of Nursing programmes.
- Friday 14th September, 2012 for all other programmes.
For full advert and application forms please download on the link below: